Fleur finally found a place where my kids can’t reach her. Smart kitty.
This makes me want to find the the similar pictures I have taken of my kitty and my books!
thinking about space fucks me up
Porcelain jewelry by Gouttedeterre
For more posts like these, go visit psych2go
Psych2go features various psychological findings and myths. In the future, psych2go attempts to include sources to posts for the for the purpose of generating discussions and commentaries. This will give readers a chance to critically examine psychology.
people visiting “The Gateway to Hell,” a huge burning gas crater in the heart of Turkmenistan’s Karakum desert. The fiery pit was the result of a simple miscalculation by Soviet scientists in 1971 after their boring equipment suddenly drilled through into an underground cavern and a deep sinkhole formed. Fearing that the crater would emit poisonous gases, the scientists took the decision to set it alight, thinking that the gas would burn out quickly and this would cause the flames to go out. But the flames have not gone out in more than 40 years.
Photo credit: Igor Sasin/AFP/Getty Images
As promised, here is my feels-themed giveaway! The books/series above all have one thing in common - they made me feel something. That doesn’t necessarily mean I cried but they definitely inspired some kind of emotional response in my robot-like self. They’re also some of my favourite books. Hopefully there’s a decent enough selection for you to choose from.
5 people will be sent a book of their choice from the selection above if they’re randomly selected as winners.
Please read the following:
- To enter, like and/or reblog this post
- You may reblog the post as many times as you like but don’t annoy your followers too much with it
- I would prefer if you were following me, since this giveaway is a ‘thank you’ to my followers
- This giveaway is international, as I am purchasing books via Book Depository and they have free delivery for the majority of the world. Double check that your country is included here
- Your inbox MUST be open. I won’t be contacting anyone via fan mail
- Winners may also choose a sequel to the books pictured above if it’s part of a series
- Winners may choose which edition of the book they want, so long as it is paperback and under $15 (AU). The only exception is The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, which is over $20 and hardback. I’ll only be buying this for one person (if they want it) so I have enough for the other books, sorry! I just love it so much and want to be able to share it with at least one person, even if it’s expensive
- One of the books, Alexander Altmann A01567 is only available as a prize for Australians, as it is unavailable on Book Depository. If Aussies would like this book, I will order it for you from Bookworld
- If you’re not sure which book you’d like, I’d be happy to tell you more about them and help you pick one that suits your tastes
- No giveaway blogs
- If you’re uncomfortable giving me your address, don’t be. I won’t be saving it or giving it out elsewhere or anything
- The giveaway ends August 1st 12PM AEST
- Winners will be selected using a random number generator and have 48 hours to get back to me. I’m quite lenient on that but I would prefer if people replied ASAP so I can be organised
- If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me
Good luck and happy reading, word shakers!
working some details today.
(hand embroidery + illustration on handmade paper, dip dyed in procion mx fuchsia reactive dye)
Awesome mixed medium.
Page 1 of 79